I have been struggling with spine and spinal cord/nerve issues for almost two years now and figured that if what I witnessed Friday was true, that it could happen to me too. I decided to ask for prayer for my back. The damage in my nerves is pretty significant and I honestly did not expect much to happen.
The moment we started praying was a moment that really changed my faith in the Lord. I felt this unexplainable rush run through my body starting from my head and traveling to my toes. Tears started to flow from my eyes uncontrollably and I felt wrapped in the love of God.
The pain left my hip and back and I was able to begin to feel touching on my leg which I haven't felt in about a year. My back was radiating heat, a sign that God was at work.
After the prayer, Alexa looked at me and asked if riding horses meant anything to me. I looked at her with tears in my eyes and told her that because I can no longer dance, I want to rekindle my love of horseback riding. She told me that God put an image of me on a horse riding off into the hills in her head. I have never shared that with anyone here at Vanguard, God is truly amazing.
Later that day the pain came back but definitely not as strong as before. I feel like that encounter with God was his way of telling me that he knows my pain and how much of a burden it has been in my life. After all, I had to quit competitive dance because of this injury.
In that moment I felt like God was saying to me "I am walking along side of you in this journey. I know it has been rough but I am here to be your rock and support in the healing process. I will help carry you through the rough times and celebrate with you when it is finally finished. You have done what I have called of you with the talent I have given you and now it is time to rest".
That moment was so powerful to me, and one that will be with me a lifetime. Although I was not healed completely, my faith and trust in the Lord has never been stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment