So I decided to ask for healing in my back because that's where I carry my stress. After I was prayed for my back felt amazing, but my healing didn't stop with the physical. Words that were so personal cut right to my heart. I had not said anything about feeling like my faith wasn't enough or professed that by going away to college I felt like I was leaving my mother who I believed I should be caring for, but at that moment words of confirmation were spoken and I couldn't help but cry. After that moment, I was released from all the negative things I had been carrying and walked around all day light and happy.
I was so encouraged and moved by the prayer that when I heard about a friends dislocated knee I prayed with Kaciny for her and saw her healed. Then, after Wednesday's class, someone spoke a word about forgiving someone that you've been angry at and once again I realized God wasn't done with me because in my heart I was holding onto resentment.
I have realized that because of this my faith has been restored and I'm learning how to walk in His grace and mercy. Because of the miracles and the prayer God is showing me there is still more to be done with me if I stop holding him at arms length. I feel closer to God than I have in a long time. I am realizing even though I make mistakes, that doesn't mean I lack faith or that I have walked away from Him, just that I am imperfect but He loves me regardless. I keep getting blessed and have realized it's not coincidence; it's time to stop overlooking all the gifts He has given me. There is still so much to be done and I am beginning to feel like it's Ok to ask for more because He willingly gives.
No comments:
Post a Comment