Monday, September 9, 2013

Brianna's Story - Neck and Shoulder Tension

My experience from last year with my shoulder made me really emotional because I thought I had done something wrong since my shoulder wasn’t completely healed like other people were.  I thought I wasn’t worthy of the Lords healing.  So at the end of class when he mentioned that there was someone in the class that was experiencing tightness in the right side of their neck and shoulder I felt all my friends look at me because they know my situation.  I tried to play it off like I was fine because I wasn’t sure how I felt about trying this healing thing again since the last time it wasn’t a long term healing.  

At the end of class I was getting ready to walk out the door when I realized that my friend Kassidy had stopped in the back of the class.  I stood there with her because she said she needed to be healed and that’s when my professor came up to me and asked me about my healing experience from last year.  I told her I was fine because I didn’t want to think about it anymore but I think she could tell that I wasn’t being honest and so she asked me if I was the one experiencing neck and shoulder tension.  I then let my guard down and opened up and said that it was I and that I needed healing.  After she prayed over me I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulder, literally.  I felt really relaxed and it was a feeling I haven’t felt in a long time.  

Lately I had been in a strange spot with my faith.  Over the summer being at home and going to my Catholic church at home just made me feel different.  Not saying that it was bad but it just didn’t give me the same feeling that being here at Vanguard gave me.  After being healed and seeing my friends be healed as well it really brought me back to the Lord, it reminded me why I’m here at Vanguard and why I chose to follow Him.  I really feel like this experience changed me because it got me to believe that I can be healed and that God does what He does when He feels that you need it most.  Its as though He knew I hit a rough patch in my spiritual growth and He knew this would bring me back.  

1 comment:

  1. He who began a good work is ALWAYS faithful to complete it! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete